Sunday, September 10, 2017

Introduction

Hi, my name is Michael Soelter, and this is my first ever blog. Over the course of this blog I will be posting anything related to video games that are experienced or seen through in first-person. What this means is in video games first-person refers to a graphical perspective seen from the viewpoint of your character. Topics could include: new games coming out in the first-person genre, new ways to immerse yourself with the perspective of first-person, or thoughts and ideas of how first-person perspective is better or worse in some scenarios of video games. 

If you're wondering why I decided that this will be the main focus on this blog, it's because of two reasons. One is because, I've always thought that video games played through the perspective of your character were much more fun than other games played through other perspectives. As a kid I didn't understand why, I just chose to play what was more fun in my opinion, but as I got older I understood that the reason why was because of immersiveness. When you play in first-person, you see the world in the eyes of your character, rather than from up in the sky as seen in moba's or from the side of the screen as seen in side-scrollers. This allows you to experience the in-game world as if you were seeing it through your eyes, and I've always been drawn to that sort of feeling, that immersiveness that makes you feel like your in the game. Two is because, I've always been a sucker for first-person shooters. I feel like I know them the most out of all genres of videos games that I play, and I figured why not write something that I know and love about the most. 

So, that pretty much sums up what I think and what I will be doing with this blog. I hope someone finds this interesting and feels free to comment about what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Oh really cool! I'll definitely be following your blog this semester! I am doing a video game blog as well, but focusing more on the storytelling in video games. I am looking forward to reading your blog. Some of my favorite immersive FP experiences are the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout 4. I got addicted to FO4 over the summer and played it almost non-stop lol. After I beat it, I ended up buying Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Check out my blog sometime if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete